Dan Helman Candidate for Area 7 Director

Forum for Division-wide news and discussions.
dhelman

Dan Helman Candidate for Area 7 Director

Post by dhelman » Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:41 am

Area 7 Board of Directors Election 2013

My name is Dan Helman, and I am running for the Area 7 Director’s position on the SCCA Board of Directors.

It’s time we take a hard look at how we conduct and manage our Club. In return for your vote, I promise to use my professional experience in providing direction, counseling and strategic planning to the SCCA National Office and the Board of Directors.

I have a degree in Finance/Business Administration and my professional career has included global assignments in engineering, finance, human resources, strategic planning, operations and risk management for Fortune 500 companies including Kraft Foods, Mack Trucks, Renault and the McDonald’s System. I have reported to and served on numerous boards and committees.

I first joined the Club in 1969 and have been a continuous member since 1987. I have been a member of the Philadelphia, Blue Mountain, Washington DC regions and currently the Houston Region.

I have competed in Hill Climb, Solo and Club Racing events. I have attended the SCCA Club Racing National Championship Runoffs both as crew and driver. I have also participated in volunteer activities and served on region boards. Currently, I am the Assistant Regional Executive for the Houston Region, and a member of the Houston Region Finance Committee.

My race cars have included everything from production, GT, showroom stock, sports racers and formula cars. Lately, I have been rebuilding and racing Club Fords, C Sports Racers and Formula Atlantics.

If you have any questions regarding myself, my promise or my plans, please don’t hesitate to contact me. My email address is tuatara710@att.net and my phone number is 713-204-5097.

Thank you for your time, and I look forward to your vote and the opportunity to serve you.

The Voting Process Explained: The ballots will be sent from the SCCA National Office in Topeka, KS on or about October 15. Members will use the included self addressed envelope to mail their completed ballot to the auditing firm, Mize Houser, for counting. Members are only allowed to vote for one candidate, and all ballots must be received by the auditing firm no later than November 15.